Strawberry Cake Recipe
Email this recipe
- Sandwich the two sponge layers using a thin layer of strawberry jam and frosting.
- Knead the Renshaw White Ready to Roll Fondant until pliable before rolling out. Lightly dust your work surface with confectioner's sugar and roll out fondant to desired thickness.
- Cover the sponge cake with a thin layer of the remaining frosting. Lift the fondant over the cake smoothing down the sides with the palm of your hand.
- Trim excess fondant. To give a sheen to the surface, smooth with the palm of your hand.
- Knead the Renshaw Green Ready to Roll Fondant until soft and pliable. Roll a small piece of the fondant out into a long thin rope. Stick round the top edge of the cake in a wavy pattern, using water.
- Knead the Renshaw Red Ready to Roll Fondant until soft and pliable. Mould approximately 9 or 10 pieces into a ball and then elongate into a pear shape. Mark small lines onto each shape to create a seed effect on the modelled strawberries.
- Thinly roll out the remaining green fondant on a work surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar and cut out small star shapes and small leaf shapes.
- Stick the star shapes on top of the strawberries to create the stalk and mark the veins of the leaf with the back of a knife.
- Stick the modelled strawberries and leaves randomly on the wavy green fondant with cooled boiled water.
- Knead the remaining white fondant until pliable before rolling out. Lightly dust your work surface with confectioner's sugar and roll out fondant to desired thickness.
- Cut out small blossom shapes and stick onto the leaves with cooled boiled water.
- Add a small ball of Renshaw Yellow Ready to Roll Fondant to the centre of each flower to finish.