Monster Cake Recipe
Email this recipe
- Sandwich the red velvet cake with half of the frosting.
- Cover the red velvet cake with a thin layer of the remaining frosting.
- Knead the Renshaw Purple Ready to Roll Fondant until soft and pliable. Roll out on a work surface lightly dust with confectioner's sugar. Roll out fondant to desired thickness.
- Lift the fondant over the cake smoothing down the sides with the palm of your hand.
- Trim excess fondant. To give a sheen to the surface, smooth with the palm of your hand.
- Cut a long cake dowel into two 3in pieces. Cover the centre of the dowel length with any remaining purple fondant and leave to set.
- Knead the Renshaw Blue Ready to Roll Fondant until soft and pliable. Roll out on a work surface lightly dust with icing sugar. Roll out fondant to desired thickness.
- Cut out small circles of the blue fondant using a circle cutter and stick randomly over the surface of the cake using water.
- Knead and roll out a small amount of Renshaw White, Black and Green Ready to Roll Fondant. To create the monsters eyes, cut out two large circles of the white fondant, two smaller circles of the green fondant and even smaller circles of the Black fondant and stick together in sequence using water.
- Roll two large golf ball sized pieces of black fondant for the eyeballs. Stick the eyes to the eyeballs using water.
- Once the purple fondant covered dowels are dry, push one uncovered end into the top of the cake and stick one of the black eye balls onto the other end. Repeat with the second dowel and eyeball to create a face.
- Pipe a smile on the side of the cake using white royal icing
- Roll out a small amount of white fondant, and cut out two triangles. Stick onto the monsters face to create the teeth.