- Always work on a clean, dry surface.
- Take 1oz of your chosen colored fondant and knead until pliable. Roll in the palm of your hands until a smooth ball is achieved.
- Roll the ball into an egg shape and slightly flatten the smaller end. This will be the top of the head.
- Create the eye sockets using the pointed modelling tool. Press in the pointed tool at a 30? angle into the face and twist slightly.
- Do the same for the nose just above the base of the sheep's face.
- Using the thin end of the Dresden tool create a mouth.
- For the ears take a small amount of fondant the same color as the sheep face and knead until pliable. Roll into a ball and then cut in half. They should be equal sized pieces, if not then adjust. Roll the two pieces into individual cones and then attach to either side of the head with water.
- Take the white fondant and knead until pliable. Take small random sized pieces and roll into balls. Attach to the head with water. Covering the join of the ears.
- For the eyes take a small ball of white fondant and cut in half. Roll these into individual balls and flatten. Place in the eye sockets. Do the same for the pupils using a smaller ball of black fondant, flatten and attach with water.
- Decide how many cupcakes you are going to make and divide by the number of colours you are going to use. Then make all the same colored heads up to the basic face shape. Once all the different colored faces are up to this level attach the face features.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly between using the different colored fondants.
- Get creative once the basic face features are mastered by giving the sheep quirky expressions; smiles frowns, sleepy etc.