How To Make Dinosaur Biscuits
6 to 12
- Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5
- Cream together the butter and sugar until it's nice and smooth then gradually stir in the flour to form a smooth paste
- Wrap the shortbread in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Knead the dough lightly and roll out to the desired thickness
- Use a dinosaur cutter to cut out your body shape, then cut out the legs using the leg cutters (2 per biscuit)
- Place the shapes on a greased and lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until pale-golden brown
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling wire
- Knead the Pink Icing on a clean, dry surface until pliable. Dust surface with a little icing sugar if required and roll out the icing to your desired thickness.
- Repeat with the White Icing.
- Use the star plunger cutter to cut small white stars. Place the white stars evenly over the pink base and then roll flat
- Use the dinosaur cutter to cut the body shape out.
- Brush the front of the biscuit with apricot jam and place the matching dinosaur shape onto the prepared biscuit. Lightly press down.
- Once dry assemble the dinosaur by slotting the body into the two biscuit leg pieces.