How To Make a Fondant Shamrock
Email this recipe
12 to 24
- Always work on a clean, dry surface.
- Take 1 part gum paste to 3 parts green fondant, dependant on how many shamrocks you would like to make. Put aside the remaining fondant and paste.
- Knead both the green fondant and the gum paste separately until pliable.
- Blend the two together, until an even colour is achieved.
- Roll out the mixed paste to a thickness of 1mm on a clean, dry surface, lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
- Using the plunger heart cutter cut out the required number of hearts in groups of 3 or 4.
- Place the hearts on the cell pad and with light pressure thin out edges using a ball tool.
- Attach the hearts together by adding a small amount of water on the right side of the heart towards the point. Stick the next heart on top. Repeat this 2 or 3 times depending on whether you want to achieve a 3 or a 4 leaf shamrock.
- To make the stem knead and shape a small amount of paste into a tapered rope and stick to the centre of the leaves with a little cooled boiled water.
- Allow to dry for at least 24 hours then carefully remove from the pallet.
- Once the shamrocks are dry, extra detail can be added by painting on leaf veins with a 0 brush and food colouring.
- The shamrocks can be made and stored in advance. Once they are dry, store in a cool dark place away from light in a cardboard box lined with bubble wrap or foam.