Gingerspice Cookies 🍪
A festive Christmas Cookie recipe from award-winning baker Reva Alexander Hawk 🍪 🎄
Email this recipe
- First preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), and line baking sheets with baking parchment or baking mat.
- To begin, using a standing mixer cream the salted butter, orange zest and brown sugar together with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy. You will notice a change in color - remember to stop your mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Next add the eggs one at a time into your creamed butter, zest and sugar, beating well in-between each addition. Then add in the orange oil/extract, honey and molasses and beat well remembering to scrape down the sides of mixing bowl.
- Now using a large bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. This well help to insure that all the dry ingredients are dispersed and that there are no lumps in the flour.
- Then with the mixer on the lowest setting, gradually add in the flour mixture to the creamed base, beating until well combined. Remember to stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl after each addition of the flour mixture.
- When fully mixed divide the mixed divide into 3 portions and wrap each in plastic wrap. Place into fridge to chill and rest. This step allows the dough to develop a richer flavor, but you can certainly bake off your cookie dough right after mixing. Your dough can sit in fridge for up to a week, anything longer and I would advise to place into freezer until needed.
- Next on a lightly floured work surface, roll your dough out to 1/8” thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Finally, transfer your cut shapes onto your prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until crisp. Transfer onto cooling racks and let cool completely before decorating.