Gingerbread Spiced Latte Cake
A Christmas drink inspired recipe from professional baker and cake decorator Kayla Trahan. 🎄 🍰
Email this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, egg whites and extracts until blended. Then mix the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and spices in an electric mixer bowl at a slow speed, adding the salted butter in small pieces.
- Continue mixing until the mixture becomes moist crumbs with no powdery streaks remaining on the sides of the mixing bowl. Then add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Now divide the batter evenly between 3 prepared cake pans. Baking until golden brown (about 30 minutes). Once cooked remove the cakes from their pans and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat together the butter coffee and milk, until the butter becomes fluffy.
- Then slowly add the powdered sugar, remembering to scrape the sides of the bowl as you mix.
- Finally add the vanilla extract with the salt and beat until fully combined.
- To assemble the cake, place one sponge on a a serving plate and coat the top with the latte buttercream, and continue until all layers are stacked.
- Then, frost the entire outside of the cake with the latte buttercream, and enjoy! Check out the Video tutorial to see decorating inspiration.