1 Pack Renshaw Gum Paste - White
1 Tub Renshaw Royal Icing
1 Rainbow Dust ProGel Color - Pink
1 Rainbow Dust ProGel Color - Turquoise
1 Rainbow Dust ProGel Color - Black
1 Rainbow Dust Metallic Paint - Gold
1 Rainbow Dust Metallic Food Paint - Silver
1 Rainbow Dust Click Twist Pen - Gold
1 Rainbow Dust Click Twist Pen - Silver
- Split your Gum Paste into 3 even chunks mixing in a drop of each Progel, before kneading together to create a marbled effect. Then pin out on a lightly dusted powdered sugar worktop.
- Next using your favourite geometric cookie cutters, begin to cut out your cake toppers and leave to one side allowing the paste to fully dry.
- To create the watercolor effect, spray the toppers with clear alcohol, diluting the Pink and Turquoise ProGels with the alcohol also. Then using a pipet or paintbrush loaded with the ProGel/alcohol mix, drop the colours on the plaque and watch as they merge together. Allow to dry.
- Add metallic geometric designs to your topper by using masking tape and painting over with the Click Twist Pens. Make sure to paint in one direction, dabbing any excess paint on a paper towel, and allow to dry before removing the tape.
- To make the faux gold and silver leaf decorations, layer the metallic paint onto parchment paper, allowing each layer to dry before adding the next. Once dry, gently scrunch the paper to reveal the metallic flakes and attach to your topper using a small amount of water.
- Next using the Royal Icing and a pallet knife, depot a small amount of product and spread back and forth until smooth. Then using a piping bag fitted with a No.2 piping tube, begin to pipe on your fun geometric designs.
- Finally after piping your buttercream onto your cupcakes, attach your toppers!