Flower Cake Recipe
Email this recipe
- Take half the frosting and the raspberry jam and sandwich the three layers of the 6in sponge cake together.
- Cover the 6in cake with a thin layer of the remaining frosting.
- Knead the Renshaw White Ready to Roll Fondant until pliable before rolling out. Lightly dust your work surface with confectioner's sugar and roll out the fondant to the desired thickness.
- Place the sponge cake on an 8in drum and lift the white fondant over the cake, smoothing down the sides and over the drum with the palm of your hand. Trim excess fondant from the edge of the drum. To give a sheen to the surface, smooth with the palm of your hand.
- Knead and roll out a selection of Renshaw Purple, Pink, Yellow and Green Ready to Roll Fondant.
- Using a selection of flower and leaf cutters, cut out the flowers from the fondant and allow to dry on a piece of sponge until set. Cut out leaves and allow to set.
- Secure the flowers and leaves into position on the cake using royal icing. Using a no2 round tip, pipe leaves and stems onto the cake using green royal icing to compliment the flowers.