Floral Buttercream Cake
A gorgeous floral buttercream design by the talented Reva Alexander Hawk, perfect for Spring, Summer and special occasions 🍰
Email this recipe
- Before decorating your cake, ensure you have : A Stand Mixer with a Paddle attachment, a set of Artist Palette Knives, Petal Piping Tips #104, #124, #352, #81 and Star Tip#12
- Using a stand mixer, combine pasteurized egg whites and powdered into mixing bowl, beat with a paddle for 4 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides, then add in the room temperature butter all at once and beat with the paddle for 10 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Start by covering your cake in Renshaw Ready to Roll Fondant, using a 50/50 mixture of Ivory and Aqua.
- Once your cake is covered prepare an assortment of earth tone buttercream colors using the Rainbow Dust Progels, adding a small dab of brown to your colors helps to create more earthy shades. Do not mix your colors all the way, leave some color variations for a more natural look.
- To create your buttercream flowers, start by planning out your design by piping on some stems. Then using artist palette knives apply leaves and flower petals, almost like the buttercream is an oil paint.
- Once you have a floral pattern on your cake, prepare your piping bags with your petal tips.
- Pipe your buttercream roses and place onto the cake.
- Finally finish the design with a range of piped basic blossoms and leaves.