Christmas Tree Ornament Cake Pops Recipe
Email this recipe
- Melt the Candy Melts White following the instructions on the back of pack.
- For each cake pop, take a long cake pop stick and dip one end 2cm (about ¾in) deep into the melted white candy melts. Immediately insert each stick into the centre of each cake ball, stopping the cake pop stick half way through. Place on a tray lined with baking paper for 1 to 2 minutes to set.
- Dip each cake pop on a stick fully into the melted white candy melts. Be sure to cover the cake pop at the point where the stick is inserted, as this will secure it in place. Gently tap the cake pop over the bowl to remove any excess white colour melt.
- Allow the dipped cake pops to set fully in the fridge before adding the decoration.
- Mix the Renshaw White and Black Ready to Roll Fondant to create grey and form small pea sized balls of grey fondant into drum shapes. Form a small hook from thin sausages of paste and fix on top with a little water and allow to dry. Fix to the top of each cake pop with a little water.
- Paint the hooks and drums with edible silver lustre diluted with a little clear alcohol.
- Knead and roll out the Renshaw Blue, Purple and Green Ready to Roll Fondant, cutting out small circles, stars and strips of each.
- Decorate each pop with your chosen design and embellish with edible glitter and gold and silver lustre dust.