Pre-prepared Gingerspice Cookie dough
2.2 lb Renshaw Ready to Roll Fondant Icing Red
2.2 lb Renshaw Ready to Roll Fondant Icing Green
2.2 lb Renshaw Ready to Roll Fondant Icing Bright Green
1 Tub Renshaw Royal Icing
1 Rainbow Dust ProGel Color Red
1 Rainbow Dust ProGel Color Green
1 Rainbow Dust Metallic Food Paint Pearlescent Spring Green
- Prepare and bake your cookies the night before so they have plenty of time to cool. Rolling your cookie dough out to about 1/8” in thickness.
- For the cookie base hand cut an 8” circle (using a cake circle as your guide) and then using a round cutter, cut the center to create a wreath, placing it onto a baking sheet and baking as directed
- Cut out holly shapes, 5 to 6 large and 24 small and then cut at least 6 small rounds for berries (you can use as many or a few of these as you wish, these numbers are just a guideline). Then transfer to baking sheets and bake according to your directions.
- Cut out letters for your holiday message, “J” “O” “Y”, if you make your wreath larger you can have a longer message. Transfer to baking sheets and bake according to directions, allowing the cookies to fully cool before decorating.
- First prepare your cookie wreath base by icing it with Renshaw Ready To Use Royal Icing, and set aside to firm up.
- Next using the 2 green shades of Ready to Roll Fondant, roll out and create Holly leaf shapes.
- Once you have those cut out you will need to cut them in half length ways to create the two toned holly leaf design.
- Then attach the cut leaves to the correct sized cookies using the Royal Icing (Tip: use the same color icing as the leaves, by adding some of the Green Rainbow Dust ProGel to a separate bowl of your icing).
- Smooth out any seams where the two colors meet.
- For the large berries, blend in the Rainbow Dust Red ProGel into a separate bowl of your Royal Icing until you achieve your desired color. Then place into piping bag and pipe a large dot on top of your small round cookie bases.
- Now using the Red Ready to Roll Fondant, roll out little balls to be used as berries. Create varying sizes, and set aside.
- If you plan to hang your wreath now is the time to cut a pretty ribbon and tie it around your cookie wreath base.
- Next using the Green Ready to Roll Fondant, roll out a circle big enough to cover the wreath, about 10” to 12” in diameter about 1/4” thick. Then place it on top of the iced cookie wreath base, allowing for the ribbon to easily stick out the top of the wreath. If the royal icing is completely set up, then you may need to use piping gel or edible glue to make sure that the fondant is properly attached. Make sure to trim and smooth the sides with a plastic scraper.
- Then using the Rainbow Dust Edible Metallic Paint in Pearlescent Spring Green, paint the fondant covered wreath base, adding texture with a sugar tool or fork.
- Once dry using the green colored Royal Icing, attach the Holly leaves to the wreath. Then using the Red coloured icing attach the berries (you can use some edible Glitter or sanding sugar to create different textures on your berries.
- Once your letter cookies have dried or have a firm surface (about 4 hours of drying) , using the Rainbow Dust ProGels and some lemon extract, paint details onto your cookies.
- Finally attach the letter cookies to the wreath using Royal Icing and let dry completely before hanging.