Butterfly Cupcakes Recipe
Email this recipe
- Decorating Instructions
- Knead and roll out the Renshaw White Ready to Roll Fondant on a work surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar to the desired thickness.
- Roll over the fondant with a bubble-effect embossed rolling pin or impression mat.
- Lightly brush the top of each cupcake with apricot jam.
- Cut out twelve discs to the same size of the surface of the cupcakes and place on top of each cupcake.
- Knead and roll out Renshaw Purple, Pink and Green Ready to Roll Fondant on a work surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar to the desired thickness.
- Using a small blossom shaped cutter and small daisy shaped cutter, cut the different coloured fondant flowers. Leave to set for approximately 1 hour.
- Knead and thinly roll out a small amount of Renshaw Gumpaste. Cut out small and medium sized butterfly shapes and place each butterfly gently in an empty egg carton to create a flying butterfly effect. Leave to set for approximately 1 hour.
- On a sheet of paper to cover your work surface, spray the butterfly models with edible shimmer spray and leave to dry.
- Once dry, arrange the flowers and butterflies on top of the cupcakes and stick down with water.
- Place a silver pearl in the centre of each flower, again sticking with water.