Buttercream Mother’s Day Cookies
Show your Mom you care this Mother’s day by making these adorable buttercream cookies, created by the wonderful Reva Alexander Hawk 🌸
Email this recipe
- Before decorating your Cookies, ensure you have : A Stand Mixer, Spatula, Cutter (same shape as cookies), Open Star Piping Tips #16 & #18, and a Plain Piping Tip #4
- Cream the butter & shortening together in a stand mixer.
- Add vanilla & salt.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Beat at high speed until light & fluffy.
- Keep icing covered with a lid or damp cloth and store in refrigerator.
- Once your cookies have cooled, roll out your Renshaw Ready to Roll Fondant to 1/8’ thick and using the same cutter that was used for your cookies cut out fondant plaques for your cookie tops.
- Then using a little buttercream, attach the fondant plaques to your cookies.
- Next using Rainbow Dust ProGels color your buttercream, and place into prepared piping bags fitted with the piping tips.
- With your #16 star tip pipe a cluster of stars to create a simple hydrangea.
- With your #18 star tip pipe a simple rosette starting from the inside and piping out. Repeat this process with another color, to create a simple bouquet cluster.
- Using the #4 plain tip fitted into a bag with green buttercream, pipe simple leaves around your flowers.
- Finally using the Royal Icing or Food Art Pen, create your Mother's Day Message.